Made with full-fat butter and local honey, these candies really hit the spot when you're having a craving for something you shouldn't eat!
Guilt free, I keep a few of these in my purse and haven't really even been tempted to eat non-G.A.P.S. at all!
Yields 150 (+/-20)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
2 tbsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1. Melt butter and add honey.
2. Bring honey/butter mixture to a boil and boil for 3 full minutes.
3. Add vanilla carefully, will splatter in hot liquid.
4. Remove from heat and add cocoa powder and salt. Use a wooden or metal spoon to work the powder into a dough. Make sure it is as smooth as possible.
5. Spread between two layers of parchment paper and smooth with rolling pin (or whatever you have at hand) while still hot. ** I make mine about 1/4" thick, but you could make them thicker without a problem. You would get fewer pieces and since they are so rich, I find that a little piece is more than enough to satisfy!
6. Allow to cool. Use pizza cutter/knife to cut into 1"x1/2" pieces. Wrap in pieces of parchment paper/wax paper.
7. Eat and enjoy!!